Slow Cooker Chicken with Savory Grains
The perfect cool-weather warmer-upper! This hearty meal is a welcoming and deeply flavorful combination of succulent, slow-cooked chicken thighs and nutritious grains.
This recipe contains rice (wild), chicken stock (unsalted), carrots, onions, chicken (thighs, boneless, skinless)
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 5 hr +
- 1 pkg(s) long grain and wild rice, original recipe
- 1 cup(s) no salt added chicken stock
- 3 whole carrots, sliced
- 1 whole onion, coarsely chopped
- 6 whole boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1. In 4-to 5-quart slow cooker, stir together seasoning packet from rice box and chicken stock.
- 2. Add carrots, celery, onion and chicken thighs.
- 3. Cover and cook on low 6 hours.
- 4. Remove chicken thighs; stir in remaining contents of brown rice and quinoa blend.
- 5. Place chicken thighs over rice.
- 6. Cover and cook 1 hour longer or until rice is tender.