The BEST way to cook a hamburger patty is with a heavy duty pan like a cast iron, NOT a grill. This provides a perfect sear, even cooking and you don't loose all the beautiful flavors from the fat.
This recipe contains beef (ground), cheese (american), hamburger buns, onions (red), tomatoes, spring mix, jalapenos (pickled), ketchup, mayonnaise, salt, pepper, oil
4 - 6 Servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 16 - 24 oz. hamburger patties
- 4 - 6 slice(s) american cheese (white or yellow)
- 4 - 6 hamburger buns
- 1 whole red onion, sliced
- 1 - 2 whole tomatoes, sliced
- 1 pkg(s) 5oz. spring mix
- 16 - 20 slice(s) pickled jalapenos (optional)
- 4 - 6 tbsp. ketchup
- 4 - 6 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 - 2 tbsp. oil
- 1. Heat a large cast iron skillet with a drizzle of oil over medium heat.
- 2. Season both sides of the hamburger patties with salt and pepper and place in the hot skillet ( you may need to work in batches depending on the size of skillet).
- 3. Cover and cook 6-8 minutes per side or desire doneness. Place a slice of cheese on each patty during the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- 4. Lightly toast buns (optional). Soak sliced red onion in cold water to take the bite out of it.
- 5. Generously spread ketchup and mayo on buns. Each burger gets a patty with cheese, sliced onion, tomato, handful of spring mix, and jalapeños (optional).