Mozzarella Chicken Roll-Ups
This chicken baked in spaghetti sauce and topped with mozzarella is a hit!
This recipe contains cream cheese (1/3 less fat), bell peppers (green), oregano (dried), garlic salt, cheese (mozzarella, shredded), chicken breasts (boneless skinless), pasta sauce
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 2 oz. neufchatel cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup(s) finely chopped green peppers
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 tsp. garlic salt
- 4 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 lb. small boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
- 1 cup(s) traditional pasta sauce
- 1. Heat oven to 400°F. Mix first 4 ingredients until well blended; stir in 1/2 cup mozzarella.
- 2. Place chicken, top-sides down, on work surface; top with cheese mixture. Starting at one short end, tightly roll up each breast, tucking in ends of chicken to completely enclose filling. Place, seam-side down, in 9-inch square baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Top with pasta sauce; cover.
- 3. Bake 30 min. or until chicken is done (165°F). Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella; bake, uncovered, 3 to 5 min. or until melted.