Thai Chicken Curry
Curry is one of my all time favorite comfort foods. This authentic, aromatic, flavorful dish is will quickly become a family favorite.
This recipe contains , chicken breasts (boneless skinless), coconut cream, crushed red pepper, salt, black peppercorns, caraway seed, coriander (seeds), cilantro (fresh), limes, garlic (fresh), ginger (fresh), basil (fresh), hoisin sauce, , carrots, beans (green, fresh), ginger (fresh), oil (sesame), , rice (jasmine)
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 40 min
- For the curry chicken
- 2 lb. chicken breasts, boneless-skinless
- 15 oz. coconut cream
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black peppercorns
- 1 1/2 tsp. caraway seeds, toasted
- 1 1/2 tsp. coriander seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup(s) cilantro
- 1 whole lime(s) zested
- 2 clove(s) garlic
- 1 tsp. ginger, grated
- 1/2 whole bunch basil
- 1/2 cup(s) hoisin sauce
- for the vegetables
- 2 whole carrots, thinly sliced
- 8 oz. green beans, trimmed
- 1 tbsp. ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- for the rice
- 1 1/2 cup(s) jasmine rice
- 1. Prepare rice according to package instructions.
- 2. Cut chicken breast into 1 inch cubes. Over medium-high heat, brown chicken and season with salt and pepper. Remove from pan and set aside.
- 3. In a blender, combine 1/2 cup of coconut cream, combine crushed red pepper, salt, peppercorns, caraway, coriander, cilantro, lime zest, garlic and ginger.
- 4. In the pan used for chicken, add coconut cream mixture and bring to a simmer.
- 5. Add remaining coconut cream, basil and hoisin sauce, bring to a simmer and add back chicken. Continue to simmer 5-10 minutes.
- 6. In a separate pan, heat sesame oil over medium heat. Add carrots and green beans and saute for about 1 minute.
- 7. Add ginger and continue to saute until vegetables are tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- 8. Serve chicken with sauce over rice and vegetables immediately. Enjoy!