Turtle Pretzel Candy Clusters
Chocolate, pretzels, pecans and caramel goodness!
This recipe contains chocolate (dark, chips), chocolate (melting, white), pretzels, caramels, pecans, water
Prep time: 40 min
Cook time: 5 min
- 1 cup(s) dark chocolate melting chips or wafers
- 1/3 cup(s) white chocolate melting chips or wafers
- 1 pkg(s) 16oz. 24 bite sized pretzels (square or twists)
- 1 pkg(s) 8oz. 12 baking caramels
- 1 pkg(s) 16oz. 24 pecans, whole
- 1 tsp. water
- 1. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with non-stick parchment paper and set aside. Melt Ghirardelli Dark Melting Wafers according to package directions.
- 2. Using a 1 teaspoon measuring spoon, scoop 1 teaspoon of melted dark melting wafers onto prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining melted dark melting wafers until you have 24 small circles.
- 3. Gently place one pretzel on top of each circle of melted candy. Chill until firm.
- 4. Remove from refrigerator. Place unwrapped caramels and 1 teaspoon of water in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30-45 seconds or until caramel is melted. Stir and allow to cool for 30 seconds.
- 5. Using a 1/4 teaspoon measuring spoon, scoop 1/4 teaspoon amounts of melted caramel on top of each pretzel. Top each cluster with one whole pecan. Chill until firm.
- 6. Melt Ghirardelli White Melting Wafers according to package directions. Transfer to a zip top bag and cut off a very small amount of one corner of the bag, creating a piping bag.
- 7. Drizzle melted white wafers over the clusters. Allow to set or chill until firm. Store clusters in a cool, dry place.