Agave Holiday Spice Cake with Agave Cream Cheese Frosting
This moist, fluffy cake is made even lighter with a whipped cream cheese frosting.
This recipe contains XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, agave syrup, canola oil, applesauce, eggs, flour (whole wheat), baking soda, ginger (ground), cinnamon (ground), cloves (ground), salt, milk (buttermilk), XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, cream cheese, agave syrup, agave syrup, vanilla extract, whipping cream
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 1 pkg(s) 11.75oz. domino organic blue agave nectar amber syrup
- 1/2 cup(s) canola oil
- 1/2 cup(s) applesauce, sweetened or unsweetened
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cup(s) whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tbsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup(s) buttermilk
- 2 pkg(s) 8oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup(s) domino organic blue agave nectar amber syrup
- 1 tbsp. domino organic blue agave nectar amber syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup(s) heavy whipping cream
- 1. Cake:
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8x8-inch baking pan; set aside.
- 2. In a large mixing bowl, combine organic blue agave nectar amber syrup, oil, applesauce and eggs. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients; beat until well combined. Slowly add in buttermilk, just until incorporated. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 3. Bake for 35 to 38 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack. When cooled, turn out of pan onto a cake plate.
- 4. Frosting:
In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup organic blue agave nectar syrup and vanilla until light and fluffy; set aside.
- 5. In a separate bowl, combine cream and 1 tablespoon agave nectar syrup. Beat with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the whipped cream into the agave nectar-cream cheese mixture. Best if used immediately, or can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.