Buttermilk Chicken and Waffles
Buttermilk chicken and waffles!
This recipe contains perdue (simply smart, chicken chunks) 2, peach preserves, mustard (dijon), honey, lemons, waffles
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 1 pkg(s) 24oz. PERDUE® SIMPLY SMART® Lightly Breaded Chicken Chunks
- 1 cup(s) peach preserves
- 2 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 pkg(s) waffles (24 mini, or 6 regular waffles cut into 1/4)
- 1. Preheat an oven or toaster oven to 425 degrees F. Place frozen chicken nuggets (chunks) in a single layer on a baking sheet and heat for 11 to 13 minutes. For a crisper finish, turn halfway through heating time. Let the chicken rest for 2-3 minutes before serving.
- 2. Preheat a toaster oven to 425 degrees F. In a small saucepan, melt the peach preserves with the mustard, honey and lemon juice. Set aside and keep warm.
- 3. In the toaster oven, heat the waffles for 3 to 4 minutes or until toasted and warm. Dollop mustard sauce on each warm mini waffle, then place a fried chicken tender piece on top. Drizzle the mustard sauce over the chicken tenders. Garnish with chopped chives if desired.