Bahn Mi Dog
I absolutely love Bahn Mi sandwiches so of course I had to make a Bahn Mi inspired hot dog. You can skip the quick pickling, but it's really not time consuming and oh so worth it!
This recipe contains hot dogs (all beef), carrots (shredded), peppers (jalapeno), cilantro, mayonnaise, sriracha sauce, sugar, rice vinegar, salt, hot dog buns
6 - 8 Servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 1 pkg(s) all beef hot dogs
- 8 - 10 oz. carrots, shredded
- 2 - 3 whole jalapenos, thinly sliced
- 2 cup(s) cilantro, cleaned and chopped
- sriracha sauce
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 pn. salt
- 1 pkg(s) hot dog buns
- 1. Combine 1 cup of water, sugar, vinegar and salt in a saucepan over medium heat and cook until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat.
- 2. Place shredded carrots in pickling jar or tight glass container and add the vinegar mixture. Allow to cool to room temperature, then place in the refrigerator for at least an hour or overnight.
- 3. Grill hot dogs over medium heat 5-10 minutes. Place in bun and top each dog with pickled carrots, fresh cilantro, jalapenos, and mayonnaise.