Pan Seared Cod with Southwest Sweet Potato Hash
The flavor combinations in this dish are awesome, sweet, salty, smokey and tangy. Any leftover salsa or hash works great with breakfast the next day too!
This recipe contains fish (cod), sweet potatoes, pumpkin seeds, onions, limes, olive oil, cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, salsa verde
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 1 lb. cod fillet
- 2 whole sweet potato, small dice
- 1/4 cup(s) pumpkin seeds
- 1 whole onion, small
- 2 whole limes zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 - 3 ds. salt to taste
- 2 - 3 ds. pepper to taste
- 8 oz. salsa verde
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, drizzle about 2 tbsps of olive oil and add sweet potatoes in an even layer, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Cook for about 10 minutes until they begin to brown and become tender. Add another drizzle of olive oil and add pumpkin seeds, cumin and chili powder.
- 3. Continue to cook until fragrant. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- 4. Season cod fillets with salt pepper and lime zest. Add a drizzle of olive oil to skillet over medium high heat. Place cod fillets in pan and cook about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- 5. Remove cod from pan and serve with sweet potato hash and top with salsa verde.