Spiralized Greek Salad
Spiralized cucumbers are used for the base, while traditional Greek Salad toppings make this tasty, light salad rather unique.
This recipe contains cucumbers, cheese (feta), tomatoes (cherry), chili peppers (pickled, hot), olives (kalamata), lemons, olive oil (extra virgin), garlic powder, italian seasoning, salt, pepper
Prep time: 15 min
- 2 whole large cucumbers, spiralized
- 4 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup(s) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 pepperoncini peppers, sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) kalamata olives
- 1 whole lemons
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. greek or Italian seasoning
- 1 ds. salt to taste
- 1 ds. pepper to taste
- 1. Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- 2. Cut potatoes in half, lengthwise. Then cut each half lengthwise again. Dice into 1/2 inch slices. Cut onions into 1/2 inch chunks as well. Dice ham.
- 3. Place potatoes, ham and onions in a large baking dish (I use a pie pan or 11 inch quiche pan). Mince garlic and add to pan along with the heavy cream, paprika, salt, and pepper flakes (if using). Then, toss everything together so that potatoes and onions are coated evenly.
- 4. Bake for 10 minutes, stir, and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- 5. Remove from oven. Using a spoon, create a well in the center. Crack eggs in the middle and sprinkle cheese over eggs and potatoes. Return to oven and continue to bake until eggs have set, 7 to 12 minutes depending on desired firmness of yolk. Just make sure the egg whites have set.
- 6. Remove from oven and sprinkle parsley on top.