Sweet Potato Salad with Curry Vinaigrette
This North African inspired sweet potato salad is a surprising, bright delight. Experience a healthy sweet potato salad like you've never had it.
This recipe contains sweet potatoes, onions, ginger, olive oil, lemons, olives (green), cilantro, honey, sweet paprika, curry powder, cumin, salt, pepper
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 1 lb. sweet potatoes, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 whole onion, chopped
- 1 oz. ginger, minced
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 whole lemon, zested and halved
- 8 - 10 whole green olives
- 1/4 cup(s) cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. sweet paprika
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1. Bring a pot of salted water to a simmer and add sweet potato. Cook until tender. Drain and cool.
- 2. In a pan over medium heat, add onions, ginger, cumin, curry powder, and sweet paprika. Cook for a few minutes until onions are translucent and aromatic.
- 3. Using a spatula, scrape all the onions, seasonings and oil (this will be used for the vinaigrette) into a medium size bowl.
- 4. Whisk in honey, lemon juice, and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 5. Toss drained sweet potato and olives into the bowl. Refrigerate at least two hours before serving.