Witch's Apple Brew-Ha-Ha
A warm, fall beverage.
This recipe contains apple cider, sugar (light brown), allspice (whole), cloves, cinnamon stick, nutmeg, oranges, cinnamon stick,
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 1 qt. apple cider or apple juice
- 1/2 cup(s) light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tsp. whole allspice
- 1 tsp. whole cloves
- 2 whole cinnamon sticks
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 whole orange slices for garnish
- cinnamon sticks for garnish
- apple flavored brandy (optional)
- 1. Combine the cider or juice with the sugar; stir to dissolve. Add all the spices; stir to blend. Cover and simmer over very low heat for approximately 30 minutes. Strain the mixture to remove spices. Keep warm until time to serve.
- 2. If using the apple-flavored brandy, lightly coat the inside of each cup. Ladle the cider into the cup; garnish with an orange slice and cinnamon stick.
- 3. For a spooky treat, serve in a hollowed-out apple with a witch's broomstick for garnish. To make the witch's broomstick, cut 20 4-inch strips of raffia. Attach to cinnamon stick by tying with another piece of raffia.