Biscuit Chicken Pot Pie
This surely will be a family favorite!
This recipe contains chicken, peas (frozen), mixed vegetables (frozen), butter (unsalted), olive oil, biscuits, milk, soup (cream of chicken), chicken broth, onions, flour (all-purpose), thyme, salt, black pepper
4 - 6 Servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 2 cup(s) shredded chicken
- 3/4 cup(s) frozen peas
- 2 pkg(s) 12oz. mixed vegetables
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 pkg(s) 16oz. refrigerated biscuits
- 1 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 1 can(s) 10.5oz. cream of chicken soup
- 2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 whole finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 ds. salt
- 1 pn. pepper
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- 2. In a large pan heat your oil on medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, sauté the onions until soft.
- 3. Reduce the heat to medium and add the butter to the same pot. When melted, stir in the flour and cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- 4. Whisk in the milk, chicken broth, cream of chicken soup and thyme. Allow the sauce to come to a simmer and let it simmer for 1 minute to thicken. Season with salt and pepper.
- 5. Turn off the heat and transfer the vegetables and chicken to the pot, stirring until the filling is well-combined.
- 6. Pour the filling into a 13x9-inch baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- 7. Remove the dish from the oven and top the filling with 8 (raw) biscuits. Return the baking dish to the oven and bake for an additional 12 minutes, until the biscuits are golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
- 8. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.