Homemade dumplings are so much easier to make than you'd think. Quickly make a mixture with almost any type of ground protein (or rice and veggies for veggitarian), and wrap them in store bought dumpling wrappers. You can easily steam or pan fry them.
This recipe contains ground pork, soy sauce, mirin, sugar, sesame oil, fresh ginger, fresh garlic, scallions, white pepper, wonton wrappers
Prep time: 40 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 2 oz. soy sauce
- 1 oz. rice wine or shao-hsing
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 oz. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1/2 bunch scallions, minced
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper
- 1 pkg(s) package pot sticker wrappers
- 1. In a bowl, combine filling ingredients until well incorporated.
- 2. Test flavor by cooking a bite size amount in a small pan. Adjust seasoning as needed.
- 3. Wet the edges of the wrappers with cold water and place 1 tablespoon of filling in the center of pot sticker. Fold over the skin enclosing the filling inside the center of the wrapper.
- 4. Place on sheet tray lined with parchment paper till ready for cooking.
- 5. To Cook:
- 6. Add 2 tablespoons of peanut oil to a medium pan over medium-high flame.
- 7. In batches, add pot stickers to pan and saute till they become gold on the bottom about 1-2 minutes.
- 8. Add about 1/2 cup of water, cover and cook until the water has evaporated, 5 to 7 minutes.
- 9. Repeat the process with the remaining dumplings. Serve immediately.