Sausage Breakfast Casserole
This breakfast casserole is perfect for the Holiday's or when you have friends or family visiting. I like to use spicy pork sausage, just for the kick. This casserole needs to be fixed the day/night before and refrigerated overnight.
This recipe contains eggs, bread (sandwich), pork sausage, cheese (cheddar, shredded), milk, salt
Prep time: 1 hr +
Cook time: 50 min
- 6 eggs
- 6 slice(s) slices of bread, cut crust off
- 1 lb. bulk sausage ( I prefer spicy sausage)
- 2 cup(s) cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cup(s) milk
- 1 tsp. salt or to taste
- 1. Cook sausage, drain, and set aside.
- 2. Cut crust off of bread, break bread into small pieces and place in a casserole dish or pan.
- 3. In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, milk, and salt.
- 4. Spread sausage over top of the bread. Sprinkle shredded cheese over the sausage. Pour egg mixture over sausage mixture.
- 5. Let stand in refrigerator overnight. Take out an hour before you are ready to bake. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.