Southwestern Yogurt Chicken Dip
Southwestern Yogurt Chicken Dip- with grilled chicken, black beans, corn, bell peppers, pepperoncinis and tomatoes.
This recipe contains chicken breasts (boneless skinless), olive oil, salt, black pepper, greek yogurt, southwest seasoning, beans (black, canned), corn (fresh), tomatoes (diced), bell peppers (red), peppers (pepperoncini), scallions, limes, cilantro (fresh), tortilla chips
Prep time: 40 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 2 whole chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 7 oz. plain greek yogurt
- 4 tsp. southwest seasoning spice blend
- 1 cup(s) canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup(s) fresh corn, blanched and drained
- 1 cup(s) tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup(s) red, yellow or orange bell peppers, diced
- 1/4 cup(s) pepperoncini peppers, chopped (about 3 peppers)
- 4 whole scallions, chopped
- 1 whole lime, juiced (if desired)
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped for garnish
- 1 pkg(s) 14.5oz. tortilla chips or pita chips
- 1. Grill: Heat lightly greased grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Brush the chicken with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill breasts 7 to 8 minutes on each side. Chicken is done when it feels firm to touch and meat thermometer inserted in center reaches 170°F. Remove chicken from grill and let cool 5 to 10 minutes, then shred into bite-sized pieces.
- 2. Mix: In medium bowl, mix yogurt and spices.
- 3. Combine: Combine yogurt mixture with the chicken shreds, black beans, corn, tomatoes, bell peppers, pepperoncini, and scallions. Squeeze lime juice over, if desired, and toss well to combine. Set aside 30 minutes to allow flavors to develop.
- 4. Serve: To serve, transfer dip to serving bowl and garnish with chopped cilantro. Place bowl on a platter and surround with tortilla or pita chips. Or serve as appetizer by filling individual tortilla cups with chicken dip and garnishing with cilantro leaf.