Barilla One Pan Mac & Cheese
A classic dish made super simple by cooking together in one pan.
This recipe contains pasta (elbow), heavy cream, mustard powder, cheese (parmigiano-reggiano), salt, black pepper, water, cheese (cheddar, sharp, shredded), parsley (fresh)
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 16 oz. barilla pronto elbows
- 1 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1/2 tbsp. dry mustard
- 3 oz. parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 - 2 ds. salt, to taste
- 1 - 2 ds. black pepper, to taste
- 3 cup(s) cold water
- 6 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp. parsley, chopped
- 1. Pour whole box of pasta into a large skillet (approximately 12 inches in diameter). Pour 3 cups of cold water into the pan, ensuring that the water covers the pasta.
- 2. Turn on the burner to high, then set your timer for 10 minutes. Optional: add about 1/2 teaspoon of salt to taste.
- 3. Cook on high, stirring regularly, until most of the water is absorbed about 10 minutes but may vary by stove.
- 4. Add mustard and cream and bring to a simmer then, remove skillet from the heat and gently fold in sharp cheddar, Parmigiano and parsley. Serve immediately.