Avocado Chicken Salad
A healthy, easy, mayonnaise free chicken salad. This is great served in a wrap, pita bread, or lettuce leaves.
**Tip: I like to use grilled chicken in this recipe. Therefore, I will grill a few pieces of chicken to have on hand throughout the week as a time saver. Canned chicken is also a quick alternative.
This recipe contains avocados, greek yogurt, garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt, pepper, chicken breasts (boneless skinless), onions (red), limes
3 - 4 Servings
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 1 whole ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup(s) plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
- 2 cup(s) chopped or shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 whole small red onion, diced
- 1 whole lime(s), juiced
- 1. Cook chicken. (I normally grill mine beforehand on my George Foreman) Then dice it into bite size pieces.
- 2. In a mixing bowl mash together the avocado and greek yogurt until smooth. Stir in garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt, and pepper.
- 3. Add chicken and red onion to avocado mixture and stir until combined. Squeeze in lime juice and stir. Serve on pita bread or on a sandwich round.