Growing up in Los Angeles, California, one of my favorite foods were hot dogs from Mexican street vendors. I always got mine smothered in peppers, wrapped in bacon and topped with mayo, yumm!
This recipe contains hot dogs (all beef), hot dog buns, bell peppers (red), poblano peppers, yellow bell peppers, cotija cheese, bacon, cilantro, sriracha sauce
6 - 8 Servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 1 pkg(s) all beef hot dogs
- 1 pkg(s) hot dog buns
- 1 whole red bell pepper, roasted
- 1 whole poblano pepper, roasted
- 1 whole yellow bell pepper
- 4 oz. cotija cheese
- 8 oz. bacon
- 1 cup(s) cilantro
- 2 - 4 ds. sriracha sauce, to taste
- 1. Preheat grill to medium. Cook bacon in oven or on stovetop till crispy. Allow to cool then chop.
- 2. Grill hot dogs and peppers until desired doneness (about 10 minutes). Allow peppers to cool enough to handle, then slice into strips.
- 3. Place hot dogs in buns, top with peppers, bacon, cotija cheese, cilantro and sriracha sauce.