Jambalaya, a one-pot main dish from Louisiana, combines rice with chicken and sausage.
This recipe contains oil, chicken breasts (boneless skinless), sausage (smoked), onions, cajun seasoning, chicken broth, tomatoes (stewed), rice
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 lb. chicken breasts, cut into 1" cubes (boneless, skinless)
- 1/2 lb. smoked sausage, cut 1/4" thick
- 1 whole medium onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp. cajun seasoning
- 2 1/2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 can(s) 14.5oz. canned stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup(s) long grain rice
- 1. Heat oil in large heavy skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken and sausage; cook and stir 5 minutes. Remove from skillet.
- 2. Stir onion into skillet; cook and stir on medium heat 2 minutes or until onion is softened. Stir in Seasoning. Return chicken and sausage to skillet.
- 3. Stir in broth and tomatoes; bring to boil. Stir in rice. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 20 to 25 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally.