Barilla Rigatoni with Pesto and Roasted Veggies
Rigatoni pasta with roasted zucchini, asparagus and tomatoes tossed in pesto sauce.
This recipe contains pasta (rigatoni), pesto, olive oil (extra virgin), zucchini, tomatoes (cherry), asparagus, onions, basil (fresh), cheese (parmesan, shredded), salt, black pepper
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 16 oz. rigatoni pasta
- 1 pkg(s) 6oz. jar pesto sauce
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 whole zucchini, sliced half moon
- 1 pt. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 whole bunch asparagus, diced
- 1 whole small onion, diced
- 10 basil leaves, sliced
- 2 oz. shredded parmigiano cheese
- 2 - 3 ds. salt, to taste
- 2 - 3 ds. pepper, to taste
- 1. Pre-heat your oven to 425°F and bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- 2. Toss the vegetables in olive oil and season with salt and pepper, place onto a sheet tray and roast in the oven for 15 minutes or until slightly golden and cooked through. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- 3. Cook the pasta according to the directions.
- 4. Meanwhile in a large bowl add the pesto and ½ cup of the cooking water and stir to combine. Drain the pasta and toss with the sauce, vegetables and cherry tomatoes.
- 5. Garnish with basil and shredded cheese.