Slow Cooker Clean Eating White Chicken Chili
White chicken chili is a popular recipe for a good reason. It’s healthy, light and flavorful. It’s especially easy and flavorful when cooked in a slow cooker.
This recipe contains chicken (thighs, boneless, skinless), beans (great northern), chiles (green), onions (yellow), garlic, cumin (ground), chili powder, white pepper, salt (kosher), chicken broth, milk, cornstarch, water, cilantro (fresh), limes
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 5 hr
- 2 1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3 can(s) 15oz. great northern beans
- 2 can(s) 8oz. diced green chilies
- 1 whole large yellow onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper
- 1 tbsp. coarse salt
- 2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 cup(s) coconut milk or regular milk
- 1/4 cup(s) arrowroot starch or cornstarch
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1/3 cup(s) fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 whole lime wedges, for garnish
- 1. Add chicken, onion, and next 7 ingredients to a large skillet or pan. Saute over medium heat 6-8 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- 2. Add tomato paste, coconut milk, and flour and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- 3. Serve over rice and top with chopped peanuts and cilantro.