A powdery sweet cookie with just the right touch of pecans; makes a perfect gift for the holidays.
This recipe contains sugar (powdered, confectioners), butter, salt, vanilla extract, flour (all-purpose), pecans (chopped)
Prep time: 1 hr +
Cook time: 10 min
- 1/2 cup(s) powdered sugar, plus more for rolling
- 1 cup(s) butter, softened
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup(s) pecans or walnuts, chopped
- 1. Cream confectioners' sugar, butter and salt in large bowl; add vanilla. Gradually add flour to creamed mixture. Stir in nuts. Refrigerate dough until chilled, about 1 hour.
- 2. Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare ungreased cookie sheets.
- 3. Form dough into 1-inch balls. Place on prepared cookie sheets.
- 4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until set, but not brown. Roll in confectioners' sugar immediately; cool on rack. Store in an airtight container.