Mediterranean Orzo Salad
I absolutely love mediterranean flavors. This salad is fresh and full of bright flavors. I recommend making this well ahead of time, the longer it sits, the better it tastes!
This recipe contains pasta (orzo), tuna (in olive oil), olives (kalamata, pitted), tomatoes (cherry), cucumbers (english), onions (red), cheese (feta), , garlic, parsley (italian), lemons, red wine vinegar, salt, black pepper, olive oil (extra virgin)
4 - 6 Servings
Prep time: 25 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 1 cup(s) orzo
- 2 can(s) 6oz. tuna, drained
- 1/2 cup(s) kalamata olives pitted
- 5 oz. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 whole english cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 whole red onion, minced
- 4 oz. feta cheese
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. parsley, chopped
- 1 whole lemon, juiced and zested
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 1. Cook orzo in a pot of boiling water until tender but firm to the bite. Rinse in cold water and drain.
- 2. Transfer to a bowl and toss in a drizzle of olive oil. Add tuna, olives, tomatoes, cucumbers, onion and feta cheese.
- 3. In a separate bowl, combine garlic, parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper. Slowly add olive oil while whisking continuously.
- 4. Pour dressing over orzo mixture. Can be served immediately or made ahead of time. Enjoy!