Roast Lamb with Garlic and Rosemary
Perfect for any family gathering this roast boneless leg of lamb is full of flavor and easy to carve.
This recipe contains lamb, rosemary (fresh), fresh garlic, sea salt, black pepper, olive oil
6-8 servings servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 1 hr 30 min
- 4-5lb boneless leg of lamb
- fresh rosemary
- 6-8 garlic cloves
- black pepper
- olive oil
- 1. Remove boneless leg of lamb from the fridge about 30 minutes before you plan to roast it.
- 2. Preheat oven to 400F. Remove plastic wrap from the lamb, but leave the mesh netting.
- 3. Peel garlic cloves, slice in half to make 12-16 garlic slivers. Strip some sprigs of rosemary from the main stalk. Using a sharp knife, pierce into the lamb and stuff a garlic or rosemary sprig into the whole. Alternate and cover as much of the top of the lamb as you can. Rub olive oil over the whole roast.
- 4. Place in a roasting tin and put in the oven. Roast until a meat thermometer says the internal temperature is 145F for medium roast. Approximately 20 mins per pound so a 4lb roast will take approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes. Once the lamb has reached the temperature, remove from oven, tent with foil and let rest for 10-12 minutes. You can then cut away the string with kitchen shears and carve the lamb.