Irish Potato Soup with Leeks
Cream cheese and milk help give this Irish Potato Soup with Leeks its super creamy texture.
This recipe contains olive oil, leeks, potatoes (russet), water, black pepper, cream cheese, milk, bacon
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb. large leeks (4) white and light green parts cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 lb. baking potatoes (about 6), peeled, cubed
- 5 cup(s) water
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 8 oz. cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 6 slice(s) bacon, cooked, crumbled
- 1. Heat oil in Dutch oven on medium heat. Add leeks; cook 5 min. or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add potatoes, water and pepper; stir. Cover. Bring to boil; simmer on medium-low heat 15 to 20 min. or until potatoes are tender. Cool 10 min.
- 2. Blend potato mixture, in batches, in blender until smooth. Return to pan. Add cream cheese, a few cubes at a time; cook and stir on medium heat after each addition until cream cheese is completely melted.
- 3. Stir in milk; cook 2 to 3 min. or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with bacon