Weight Watcher Devil's Food Cookies
Classic Devil's Food Cookies, Weight Watchers style.
This recipe contains cooking spray, flour (all-purpose), baking soda, salt, lentils, eggs, chocolate (bittersweet, chips), butter (unsalted), sugar, vanilla extract, milk (buttermilk), sugar (powdered, confectioners)
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 10 min
- cooking spray- 4 sprays
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup(s) cooked lentils, drained and rinsed
- 2 large egg(s), separated
- 3 1/2 oz. bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup(s) low-fat buttermilk
- 1 tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat two large cookie sheets with cooking spray or line with parchment paper. In a small bowl, sift flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- 2. In a blender or food processor, puree lentils with egg yolks until smooth; set aside. Melt chocolate in a double boiler or microwave.
- 3. In a large mixing bowl using an electric mixer, cream butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. With mixer running on low speed, add melted chocolate; combine thoroughly. Add pureed lentils; mix well.
- 4. Alternating in batches, add flour mixture and buttermilk to batter, mixing after each addition (dough will be sticky).
- 5. Whip egg whites until soft peaks form; fold into the batter.
- 6. Drop heaping teaspoons of batter onto prepared cookie sheets, leaving about 1-inch between cookies; bake until puffed and set, about 8 to 10 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on cookie sheets for about 2 minutes and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Dust with powdered sugar before serving. Yields 1 cookie per serving.