Garlic Shrimp Alfredo Spaghetti Squash
Delicious low carb spaghetti squash with low fat shrimp in a low calorie garlic and greek yogurt alfredo sauce.
This recipe contains shrimp, fresh garlic, greek yogurt, milk (almond), cheese (parmesan), garlic powder, sea salt, black pepper, lemons, parsley (fresh), squash (spaghetti), olive oil, cooking spray
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 1 hr
- 1 lb. raw shrimp
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup(s) greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup(s) almond milk, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup(s) parmesan cheese, shaved
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Optional garnish: parsley
- 1 lb. medium spaghetti squash
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- cooking spray
- 1. Preheat oven to 400F. Carefully slice spaghetti squash down the middle and remove seeds with a spoon. Coat both halves with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and places spaghetti squash halves cut side down on the sheet. Bake for 40 minutes or until fully cooked. Allow to cool for 10 minutes. Shred with two forks to create long strands.
- 2. Spray a medium sized potwith cooking spray, peel and crush garlic cloves, saute in pan over medium heat until slightly browned. Add greek yogurt and almond milk and whisk to combine. Shave 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese. Once sauce begins to boil, add cheese and reduce heat to low. Mix periodically until cheese has melted and remove pot from heat.
- 3. Spray a large frying pan with cooking spray and add shrimp in a single layer. Season with garlic powder, sea salt, black pepper, lemon juice and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until shrimp is pink all the way through.
- 4. Add sauce and spaghetti squash strands to the pan and toss to combine.