Everyone's favorite bagel toppings also work great in eggs. It's healthy, bright and flavorful and pairs perfectly with a mimosa!
This recipe contains eggs, cheese (goat), baby arugula, onions (red), fish (salmon, smoked), capers, butter
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 8 eggs
- 1 oz. goat cheese
- 2 cup(s) baby arugula
- 1 whole red onion, thinly sliced
- 16 oz. smoked salmon
- 1 1/2 tbsp. capers
- 1 oz. butter
- 1. For each omelette:
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk 2 eggs till well blended and season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Using an 8inch non-stick pan, over medium to low heat, melt 1 tsp of butter and wilt 1/2 cup of arugula.
- 4. Add eggs, stir constantly using a high heat spatula until eggs start to solidify, making sure to scrape down edges and remove from heat.
- 5. Place about 2 oz of smoked salmon, 1/2 tbsp of crumbled goat cheese down the center of the omelette. Fold one edge to the center, then make another fold to the opposite edge.
- 6. Plate the omelette seam side down. Top with 2 oz of smoked salmon, crumbled goat cheese, 1 teaspoon of capers and sliced onions. Repeat and enjoy!