Chai Sugar Cookies
These cookies are rich with cardamom, cinnamon and ground cloves -- spices found in Chai, a spiced tea beverage
This recipe contains flour (all-purpose), cream of tartar, baking soda, cardamom, cinnamon (ground), cloves (ground), salt, white pepper, butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, sugar
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 2 3/4 cup(s) flour
- 2 tsp. gourmet cream of tartar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. gourmet organic cardamom
- 3/4 tsp. gourmet organic cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp. gourmet organic cloves
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. gourmet organic white pepper
- 1 cup(s) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- sugar, for rolling
- 1. Mix first 8 ingredients in medium bowl. Set aside.
- 2. Beat butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Gradually add flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Cover. Refrigerate 2 hours or until dough is firm and easy to handle.
- 3. Preheat oven to 400°F. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in additional sugar. Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 4. Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets 1 minute. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.