Eggplant and Tomato Baba Ganoush
If you like hummus then you'll love baba ganoush! This creamy, smoky dip tastes delicious with warmed pita bread, vegetables or used as a spread.
This recipe contains eggplant, tomatoes, garlic (fresh), olive oil (extra virgin), greek yogurt (plain), tahini, lemons, black pepper, salt, cilantro
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 1 whole medium or large eggplant
- 1 - 2 whole tomatoes
- 2 clove(s) garlic
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. plain greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp. tahini
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 - 3 ds. black pepper
- 1 - 3 ds. salt
- 1 - 2 tbsp. cilantro, garnish
- 1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and cut eggplant in half lenthgwise.
- 2. Place eggplant (cut sides down) and tomatoes on a baking sheet, and bake 20-25 minutes until the flesh is thoroughly softened and collapsing. Let cool.
- 3. Scoop out the flesh of egg plant and place in a food processor. Add all ingredients except cilantro and process until smooth. Season to taste.
- 4. Garnish with cilantro and serve.