Roasted Chickpea Gyros
Mediterranean style wraps with roasted chickpeas and tzatziki sauce.
This recipe contains chickpeas (canned), olive oil, paprika, black pepper, cayenne pepper, salt, bread (pita), onions (red), lettuce (leaf), tomatoes, XXXXX, xxxxx, greek yogurt (plain), cucumbers, lemons, garlic (fresh), dill (fresh), salt, black pepper
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 4 pita flatbreads
- 1/4 whole red onion, cut into strips
- 2 lettuce leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 whole tomato, sliced
- 1 cup tzatziki (recipe follows)
- FOR THE TZATZIKI
- 2 cup(s) plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup(s) seeded cucumber, shredded or diced
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice or white wine vinegar
- 2 clove(s) fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
- 1 - 2 ds. salt to taste
- 1 - 2 ds. pepper to taste
- 1. In a bowl, mix the egg whites, mayonnaise, Cajun seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, seasoning, chopped spring onions and mustard powder. Combine thoroughly and then add the breadcrumbs and crab.
- 2. Using your hands, mould the mixture into 8 patties.
- 3. Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the patties, and cook for 5-6 minutes. Flip over and cook for a further 5-6 minutes until patties are cooked through, golden brown and crispy.
- 4. Microwave long grain rice according to pack instructions and serve up your soul food.