Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
This delicious roasted butternut squash soup sums up the taste of the holidays in one spoon.
This recipe contains butternut squash, carrots, celery, onions, fresh garlic, thyme, rosemary, olive oil, vegetable stock, heavy cream, salt, pepper, pumpkin seeds
8 - 10 Servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 1 hr 10 min
- 1 whole large butternut squash
- 2 whole carrots
- 3 whole stalks of celery
- 1 whole large onion
- 5 clove(s) cloves of garlic
- 6 whole sprigs of thyme
- 1 whole sprig of rosemary
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cup(s) vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1 pn. salt to taste
- 1 pn. pepper to taste
- 1 pn. pumpkin seeds, for garnish
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- 2. Peel, pit and chop the butternut squash into 1 inch squares. Add to a large roasting pan.
- 3. Chop the carrots, celery and onions in big chunks and add to the pan. Peel the garlic and add cloves whole
- 4. Add the herbs, salt and pepper. Add olive oil and toss to coat.
- 5. Roast for 1 hour (or up to 1 hour and 15 minutes, if the veggies are not yet soft).
- 6. Once the vegetables and herbs are roasted, add to food processor with 1 cup of vegetable stock and puree. Remove the stems from the herbs before pureeing.
- 7. Pour mixture into a large saucepan. Add the remaining vegetable stock and cream and stir well. Simmer on low for 10 minutes.