Chicken Tortilla Pie
The fresh salsa called for here has a natural low-sodium advantage over bottled commercial salsa, but if you don't want to make your own salsa, buy a container of fresh salsa from your grocery store deli section. It will also be lower in sodium than bottled salsa. A rotisserie chicken with the skin removed can be used for the shredded chicken breast, but keep in mind that this will increase the amount of sodium in the dish.
This recipe contains chicken breasts (boneless skinless), salsa, black bean dip, tortillas (flour), cheese (monterey jack), cooking spray
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 2 cup(s) chicken breast- cooked and shredded (or precooked chicken)
- 1/4 cup(s) salsa
- 1 cup(s) spicy black bean dip
- 4 flour tortillas- 8 inch, multigrain preferred
- 1/2 cup(s) monterey jack cheese, shredded
- cooking spray
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. Cook/boil chicken if you aren't using pre-cooked chicken.
- 2. Combine chicken and salsa in a medium bowl.
- 3. Spread 1/4 cup black bean dip over each tortilla.
- 4. Top each evenly with chicken mixture and 2 tablespoons cheese.
- 5. Stack tortillas in bottom of a 9-inch springform pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated and cheese melts.
- 6. Remove sides of pan. Cut pie into 4 wedges. Serve immediately.