Sausage and Pepper Bruschetta
I love bruschetta, and I always feel nostalgic when I smell my mother’s signature Italian sausage, peppers and onions. So I combined two quintessential Italian dishes and came up with this Sausage and Pepper Bruschetta.
This recipe contains olive oil, italian chicken sausage, bell peppers, green bell peppers, yellow onions, salt, bread (sourdough), fresh garlic
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 pkg(s) 12oz. chicken or turkey Italian sausage
- 1 whole red bell pepper or your choice of colored pepper, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 whole green bell pepper cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 whole yellow onion cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 8 slice(s) sourdough bread
- 2 clove(s) garlic
- 1. Heat the olive oil on medium high in a large saute pan. Brown both sides of the sausages then add in the bell peppers, onion and salt. Cook until the peppers and onions start to soften, about 15 minutes. When the sausage is nearly done, remove and thinly slice, then add back to the pan to brown and finish cooking along with any juices that spilled out for about 10 minutes. Toast the bread and rub on one side with a garlic clove. Top sourdough with sausages, peppers and onions and serve.