Chicken and Rice Casserole
This classic chicken and rice casserole recipe is a one pan meal that's full of tender chicken and creamy rice, all baked together to golden brown perfection!
This recipe contains chicken (thighs, boneless, skinless), rice (white), water, soup (cream of chicken), soup (cream of mushroom), salt, black pepper, paprika, butter, parsley (fresh), cooking spray
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 2 hr
- 6 whole chicken pieces- your choice of thighs, legs or drumsticks
- 2 cup(s) white rice
- 2 cup(s) water
- 1 can(s) 10.5oz. cream of chicken soup
- 2 can(s) 10.5oz. cream of mushroom soup
- 1 ds. salt to taste
- 1 ds. pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 3 tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- cooking spray
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9"x13" baking pan with cooking spray.
- 2. Add the rice, water, and 3 cans of soup to the pan. Stir to combine. Place the chicken pieces on top of the rice mixture. Drizzle the butter over the chicken and rice. Season the chicken with salt, pepper and paprika.
- 3. Cover with foil and bake for 1 1/2 hours. Increase the oven temperature to 400 degrees. Uncover and bake for an additional 20-30 minutes until all of the liquid is absorbed and chicken is browned. If you like extra crispy chicken skin, broil the casserole for 3-5 minutes after it's done baking. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.