Green Chile Enchilada Stuffed Peppers
I love green chile enchiladas but sometimes I don't want the extra carbs from the tortillas so instead I stuffed them in bell peppers. If you like spicy, substitute jalapeños for poblano peppers.
This recipe contains chicken breasts (boneless skinless), cream cheese, pinto beans, enchilada sauce (green chile), bell peppers (red), poblano peppers, salt, cheese (colby-jack), cilantro
3 - 4 Servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 50 min
- 8 oz. chicken breast
- 3 oz. cream cheese
- 1 can(s) 15.5oz. pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 10 oz. green chile enchilada sauce
- 3 red bell peppers
- 2 poblano peppers
- 1 cup(s) colby jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup(s) cilantro
- 1. Boil chicken in a pot of salted water till cooked through. Remove and shred chicken. Season with salt.
- 2. Meanwhile, roast poblano peppers at 450 degrees F for 15-20 minutes, rotating so all sides become blistered. Remove, allow to cool and peel skin.
- 3. Remove poblano pepper seeds and chop. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- 4. In a medium size sauce pan combine chicken, poblano peppers, cream cheese, enchilada sauce, and pinto beans.
- 5. Bring to a boil and half of the cheese and cilantro.
- 6. Slice bell peppers in half. Fill with mixture. Bake for 25 minutes.
- 7. Top each bell pepper with the remainder of the cheese and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- 8. Allow to cool for a few minutes and serve.