Skillet Breakfast Pizza
A cheesy potato breakfast skillet bake with eggs, mushrooms and sausage.
This recipe contains potatoes (red), onions (yellow), bell peppers (red), mushrooms, sausage, salt, black pepper, cheese (cheddar, sharp, shredded), eggs
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 1 hr
- 3 - 4 lb. red potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 whole yellow onion, chopped
- 1 whole medium-sized red bell pepper
- 1 cup(s) mushrooms, minced
- 8 oz. pork sausage, cooked
- 2 - 4 ds. salt to taste
- 2 - 4 ds. pepper to taste
- 4 oz. shredded cheese, of your choice- we used cheddar
- 3 large eggs
- 1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F
- 2. Chop all your vegetables and toss them together in a bowl.Grease up a 10-inch cast iron or any oven safe skillet. Arrange half of the potatoes in a layer. Top with half of the vegetable mixture and half of the sausage. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Repeat this process one more time, ending with sausage on top. Bake for 20 minutes.
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs. Gently pour the egg mixture over top of the potato mixture. Bake for another 10 minutes. Pull the skillet out and cover the top with cheese. Bake for 30 minutes until the potatoes are soft and tender. Serve immediately.