Melt In Your Mouth Sugar Cookies
These classic sugar cookies need no frosting or decoration; their simple flavor makes them a perfect light dessert or snack.
This recipe contains butter, shortening, sugar, baking soda, cream of tartar, salt, eggs, vanilla extract, flour (all-purpose)
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 1/2 cup(s) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup(s) shortening
- 2 cup(s) sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1. Preheat oven to 300°F. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and shortening with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in egg yolks and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour.
- 2. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place balls 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- 3. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until edges are set but not brown. Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool.