Balsamic Chicken with Roasted Tomatoes
The juices escaping from the roasting tomatoes combine with the honey and olive oil to make a delicious syrupy glaze that coats the chicken.
This recipe contains tomatoes (grape), honey, olive oil, salt (kosher), chicken breasts (boneless skinless), black pepper (cracked), cooking spray, balsamic vinaigrette
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 1 pt. grape tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 1/2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt, divided
- 4 oz. skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- cooking spray
- balsamic vinaigrette
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl; place tomato mixture on a foil-lined jelly-roll pan.
- 3. Bake at 450° for 12 minutes or until tomato skins burst and begin to wrinkle, stirring once.
- 4. Transfer tomatoes to a bowl, scraping juices into bowl.
- 5. Stir 1/4 teaspoon salt into tomato mixture.
- 6. Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet.
- 7. Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- 8. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray.
- 9. Add chicken; cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Place chicken on individual plates; coat each breast half with of balsamic vinaigrette.