Chicken piccata is a classic Italian favorite. Pairs well with potatoes, a light olive oil pasta or simply on its own!
This recipe contains chicken breasts (boneless skinless), sea salt, black pepper, flour (all-purpose), unsalted butter, olive oil (extra virgin), lemons, chicken stock, capers, parsley (italian)
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 2 whole chicken breasts, skinless, boneless
- 1 ds. sea salt
- 1 pn. black pepper
- 8 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 5 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup(s) lemon juice, fresh
- 1/2 cup(s) chicken stock
- 1/4 cup(s) brined capers, rinse
- 1/3 cup(s) fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1. Butterfly chicken breasts and cut in half. Season with salt and pepper, dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt 2 tbsp of butter with 3 tbsp olive oil. Add 2 pieces of chicken to hot oil, cook till browned (2-3 minutes), and flip over to brown the other side. Set aside.
- 3. Melt 2 tbsp of butter, 2 tbsp of olive oil and repeat same process with remaining chicken and set aside.
- 4. Deglaze pan with lemon juice, stock and capers. Bring to a boil, scraping brown bits for extra flavor. Season to taste with salt.
- 5. Return chicken to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes then transfer chicken to a platter.
- 6. Add remaining 2 tbsp of butter to sauce and whisk vigorously off heat. Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with chopped parsley.