Easy Spicy Shrimp
This dish is great as an appetizer or served as a meal over pasta or rice. Feel free to double this recipe for serving as an appetizer for crowds.
This recipe contains shrimp, olive oil (extra virgin), paprika, cumin (ground), garlic powder, crushed red pepper, salt, black pepper, parsley (fresh), lemons
4 - 6 Servings
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 5 min
- 1 lb. medium to large shrimp. peeled, deveined, and patted dry
- 3 fl.oz. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1. Add olive oil to the Instant Pot. Using the display panel select the SAUTE function.
- 2. When oil gets hot, add onion to the pot and saute until soft, 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- 3. Add broth to the pot and deglaze by using a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pot.
- 4. Add remaining Pot Mixture ingredients and stir to combine.
- 5. Turn the pot off by selecting CANCEL, then secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- 6. Using the display panel select the MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 15 minutes.
- 7. When the time is up, quick-release the pressure.
- 8. Carefully remove the chicken from the pot to a cutting board and chop into bite-sized pieces.
- 9. Turn the pot off by selecting CANCEL, then select the SAUTE function.
- 10. Return the chicken to the pot and add remaining ingredients. Cook and stir until tortellini is heated through.
- 11. Serve warm.