My favorite Italian snack, especially in the summer! Light, healthy and fresh, all the things I want when its hot out.
This recipe contains baguette, fresh garlic, tomatoes, yellow bell peppers, basil (fresh), olive oil (extra virgin), balsamic vinegar, salt (kosher), black pepper, cheese (parmesan)
4 - 6 Servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 5 min
- 1 whole baguette, cut in half length-wise and toasted
- 2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 2 cup(s) tomatoes, medium dice
- 1/2 cup(s) yellow bell pepper
- 1/3 cup(s) basil, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup(s) parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1. In a medium mixing bowl, add the tomatoes, bell pepper, garlic, basil, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- 2. Allow to sit for 15 minutes or more before serving.
- 3. Slice toasted baguette and spoon bruschetta on top. Garnish with parmesan cheese.