Easy Crockpot BBQ Pulled Chicken
Let the slow cooker do the work and enjoy this shredded chicken on a whole wheat bun, on a salad, or with mashed potato and corn on the cob.
This recipe contains chicken breasts (boneless skinless), onions, bell peppers (red), garlic (fresh), sugar (brown), ketchup, red wine vinegar, water, worcestershire, mustard powder, paprika, salt, black pepper, , beer (modelo especial)
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 4 hr
- 2 lb. boneless chicken breast
- 1 whole small onion, sliced
- 1/2 whole red pepper, sliced
- 2 clove(s) fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) ketchup
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 1/2 tbsp. worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. ground mustard
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- PAIR WITH
- Modelo Especial Beer
- 1. Stir tomato sauce, chiles, vinegar, honey, paprika, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, ground chipotle and salt in a 6-quart slow cooker until smooth. Add chicken, onion and garlic; stir to combine.
- 2. Put the lid on and cook on low until the chicken can be pulled apart, about 5 hours.
- 3. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and shred with a fork. Return the chicken to the sauce, stir well and serve.
- 4. Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month.
- 5. For easy cleanup, try a slow-cooker liner. These heat-resistant, disposable liners fit neatly inside the insert and help prevent food from sticking to the bottom and sides of your slow cooker.