Pulled Pork Enchiladas
Pulled Pork Enchiladas- pork shoulder, cooked in the crockpot, then filled in tortillas and baked.
This recipe contains pork shoulder, enchilada sauce, tortillas (corn), oil (vegetable), cheese (monterey jack), cilantro (fresh)
6 - 8 Servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 5 hr +
- 3 lb. boneless pork shoulder roast, cut into 6 pieces
- 2 can(s) 10oz. red or green enchilada sauce
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 cup(s) vegetable oil, for tortillas
- 4 oz. monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 4 tbsp. fresh cilantro leaves, chopped for garnish
- 1. Place pork in 3- to 4-quart slow cooker; pour 1 can enchilada sauce over top. Cover and cook on High 5-6 hours or Low 10 to 12 hours.
- 2. Remove pork from slow cooker with tongs and place in large container. Use tongs, 2 forks or fingers to shred pork.
- 3. Heat oven to 350° F. Heat 1/2-inch of oil in skillet to 275° F. Dip tortillas in hot oil for about 30 seconds to soften; drain.
- 4. Spoon 1/4 cup pulled pork and 1 tablespoon cheese down center of each tortilla. Roll up tortillas and place seam-side down in 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Cover and refrigerate or freeze remaining pulled pork for a later usage.
- 5. Pour remaining can enchilada sauce over top. Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake at 350° F. for 7 to 10 minutes until heated through. Garnish with cilantro before serving.