Arugula Salad with Penne, Garbanzo Beans and Sun Dried Tomatoes
Peppery arugula tossed with nutty chick peas, pasta, sun dried tomatoes, shaved parmesan and balsamic vinegar create a simple yet delicious main dish salad – perfect for lunch or dinner. Portions are large, loaded with fiber and very satisfying. A few tips to make this simple salad fantastic – buy baby arugula, it has a milder peppery flavor. Use extra virgin olive oil, and a really good aged balsamic vinegar and most importantly use a premium imported parmesan such as Parmigiano Reggiano for optimum results.
This recipe contains baby arugula, pasta (penne), tomatoes (sun dried), olive oil (extra virgin), balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, chickpeas (canned), cheese (parmigiano-reggiano)
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 3 cup(s) baby arugula
- 6 oz. penne pasta , I prefer ronzoni smart taste (use brown rice pasta for g.f.)
- 1/4 cup(s) sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- salt to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup(s) canned garbanzo beans (chick peas), rinsed and drained
- 4 tbsp. parmigiano reggiano, freshly shaved
- 1. Peel shrimp if necessary. Mix all marinade ingredients together and place in Ziploc bag. Add the peeled shrimp to the bag. Seal and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- 2. Remove shrimp from the marinade. Thread the shrimp onto skewers. Place skewers on a hot grill for 2 minutes and baste with remaining marinade. Turn. Grill for approximately 2 more minutes.