Sesame Orange Broccoli
Looking for something different to do with broccoli, then this easy side dish is for you. Perfect side with salmon, cod, chicken or steak. You could even make this a meal by sauteing strips of beef or chicken before making the broccoli!
This recipe contains broccoli (fresh), cornstarch, oranges, oranges, soy sauce (low-sodium), ginger (fresh), garlic (fresh), oil (sesame), scallions, sesame seed, crushed red pepper
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 1/2 whole broccoli, cut into florets (about 12 oz)
- 1/2 tbsp. corn starch
- 1 whole orange(s) juiced + 1/4 tsp zest
- 2 tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. grated ginger
- 1 clove(s) garlic clove, finely minced
- 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 whole scallion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. sesame seeds
- 1 ds. red pepper flakes, optional
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9"x13" baking pan with cooking spray.
- 2. Add the rice, water, and 3 cans of soup to the pan. Stir to combine. Place the chicken pieces on top of the rice mixture. Drizzle the butter over the chicken and rice. Season the chicken with salt, pepper and paprika.
- 3. Cover with foil and bake for 1 1/2 hours. Increase the oven temperature to 400 degrees. Uncover and bake for an additional 20-30 minutes until all of the liquid is absorbed and chicken is browned. If you like extra crispy chicken skin, broil the casserole for 3-5 minutes after it's done baking. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.