Restaurant Style Seared Tuna
Seared tuna steaks encrusted with sesame seeds, served with a homemade coleslaw and drizzled with Sriracha.
This recipe contains fish (tuna), sesame seeds, salt, pepper, olive oil, XXXXX, soy sauce, lime juice, sesame oil (toasted), rice vinegar, honey, cabbage (coleslaw mix), sriracha sauce, fresh cilantro
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 5 min
- 3 whole medium sushi-grade tuna steaks
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1 - 3 ds. salt
- 1 - 3 ds. pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- FOR THE SLAW
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 pkg(s) 11oz. coleslaw (without the dressing)
- 5 - 7 ds. sriracha sauce, for drizzling or more for your liking (optional)
- 1 whole fresh cilantro for garnish (optional)
- 1. In a medium bowl whisk the slaw ingredients (soy sauce through the honey) together. Add in the shredded cabbage coleslaw and mix well. Set aside.
- 2. Season the tuna steaks generously with salt, pepper and sesame seeds on both sides. Heat olive oil in large skillet over high heat.
- 3. Add the tuna steaks and cook 1-2 minutes per side, according to your personal taste. Remove steaks to a cutting board and slice thinly.
- 4. Plate coleslaw on a serving dish, top with sliced tuna, drizzle with sriracha and garnish with cilantro, if desired.