Zucchini Boats with Beef
Zucchini Boats with Beef- hollowed out zucchini "boats" with a ground beef mixture of marinara sauce and topped with cheese.
This recipe contains zucchini, beef (ground), olive oil, marinara sauce, cheese (cheddar, shredded), italian seasoning, onions (yellow)
4 - 6 Servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 50 min
- 6 - 8 whole medium zucchini
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup(s) marinara sauce
- 4 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp. italian seasoning
- 1/2 whole yellow onion, chopped
- 1. Preheat oven to 375° F. Slice zucchini in half, carve them out with a spoon.
- 2. Chop the zucchini “meat” and set aside; line zucchini boats on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- 3. Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet. Cook onion for 2-3 minutes or until it begins to turn golden. Add meat and cook until no longer pink and cooked through (3-5 minutes). Add the marinara sauce, zucchini pulp, Italian seasoning and a pinch of salt and pepper. Simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- 4. Spoon mixture into zucchini boats and top each with shredded cheddar cheese, bake for 30-40 minutes or until the cheese is fully melted.