A Bowl of Gluten-Free Oatmeal
Oats themselves are naturally gluten-free. However, since they are usually grown side by side with wheat, transported in the same truck as wheat and manufactured on the same production lines as wheat, oats are often cross-contaminated and thus not gluten-free. The good news is that companies like Bob's Red Mill now sell certified gluten-free oats.
This recipe contains milk, water, salt, vanilla, oats (rolled)
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 1 cup(s) whole milk
- 1 water
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup(s) whole rolled gluten-free oats
- 1. Set a saucepan over high heat. Pour in the milk and water. Add the salt and vanilla extract.
- 2. Bring the liquids to a boil.
- 3. When the milky water is boiling, pour in the oats. Stir quite vigorously.
- 4. When the water returns to a boil, turn down the heat to low.
- 5. Simmer the oats, stirring every few minutes, until the oats are creamy and plump, the liquid fully absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- 6. Turn off the heat and cover the pan. Let the oatmeal sit for five minutes to fully absorb the liquid.
- 7. Top with your favorite sweetener and fruit.